Snoring…It Affects Everyone!
About 90 million Americans suffer from snoring. Half of them may have a serious condition called Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). The other half are known as primary snorers.
OSA is a serious problem with dangerous side effects. People with OSA stop breathing for durations of ten seconds or longer throughout the night and in some cases hundreds of times per night.
Primary snoring, while annoying for bed partners, also cause serious health problems. Getting a bad night of sleep may affect your body by slowing down your metabolism, hindering intimacy, and interrupting the necessary REM cycles needed to function on a day-to-day basis. This may also be a problem for your bedpartner if they are limited in their ability to sleep throughout the night without interruption.
What Causes Snoring?
There are many causes of snoring and they are all related to the irregular passage of air when the snorer is breathing. The most common cause of snoring arises from irregular airflow causing vibrations in the uvula and the soft palate above it in the throat. The noxious sound may also be produced by the irregular airflow over the tongue, tonsils, adenoids or other structures in the mouth and throat.
- • Snoring is not harmful—At this point you should know better! Snoring is associated with many dangerous problems including high blood pressure, diabetes, slowed metabolism, weight gain, loss of concentration and more!
- • Snoring only disrupts the bed partner, not the snorer who is asleep—Snoring affects everyone especially the snorer.
- • Daytime sleepiness is caused by hours of sleep logged, not the quality of sleep—The interrupted sleep cycles cause daytime sleepiness, not just hours logged.
- • Snoring is caused by obesity—Snoring can be caused by obesity, but not everyone who snores is overweight. The cause of snoring is the irregular airflow when breathing.
- • Snoring mostly impacts men – this is not true! Many women suffer from snoring.
I have tried other remedies, WHY THERAVENT?
It’s not surprising that people resort to everything from special pillows to earplugs to sprays to separate beds to get away from the sounds of snoring. Most of these solutions just try to cover the symptoms of the problem rather than the problem itself. Theravent is different because it targets the cause of snoring—the passage of air. As you breathe in, Theravent’s patented MicroValve Technology opens, allowing you to breathe in normally. Then, as you breathe out, the MicroValves close to create a gentle pressure that naturally opens your airway and relieves snoring. In clinical studies, 8 out of 10 bed partners reported that Theravent quieted their partner’s snoring.
Theravent has also been clinically proven to reduce snoring time and volume, which means more time getting restful nights of sleep for yourself and your partner and less time fighting about who has to sleep in the guest room.
Theravent is bed partner approved and has been clinically proven to reduce snoring by 76%.