What are Theravent® anti-snore strips?
Here are the basics: Theravent® anti-snore strips are small, lightweight strips that you place under your nose just before bedtime. As you sleep, Theravent® anti-snore strips use MicroValve technology to create gentle pressure that helps keep the soft tissue in your airways from vibrating )i.e. making the snoring sound). Click here if you’d like to learn more.
How do Theravent® anti-snore strips work?
Patented MicroValve technology uses the power of your own breathing to create Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure (EPAP). This gentle pressure naturally opens your nasal airway to target and treat snoring. The valves are set in an adhesive that you place over your nostrils right before sleep. You will breathe in normally and then feel a gentle resistance as you breathe out. This is the MicroValves beginning to work.
Are Theravent® anti-snore strips effective for snoring associated with sleep apnea?
Theravent® anti-snore strips are not intended to treat sleep apnea. Please see your doctor if you think you may have sleep apnea.
How are Theravent® anti-snore strips different from nasal strips like Breathe Right®?
Nasal strips are placed on top of your nose and help dilate your nostrils, reducing congestion. Theravent® anti-snore strips use the power of your own breathing to create pressure that opens and supports your nasal airways.
Breathe Right is a registered trademark of GSK group of companies or its licensor.
Are Theravent® anti-snore strips right for me if I can’t breathe through my nose?
Theravent® anti-snore strips work by using the power of your own breath to create pressure that reduces snoring. So you should avoid use when you can't breathe through your nose.
Can I use Theravent® anti-snore strips if I’m pregnant?
If you are pregnant, please consult with your doctor before using.
How long does it take to get used to Theravent® anti-snore strips?
Give yourself at least a week to get used to the feeling of Theravent® anti-snore strips. Some people may get used to the therapy in one night; for others it may take up to a week. But you will soon find that you get used to the new routine. For additional tips and suggestions about acclimating to Theravent® anti-snore strips, please call customer service at 1-855-265-7667.
How do I apply Theravent® anti-snore strips?
- REMOVE: Peel paper backing to expose the adhesive.
- ALIGN: Using a mirror, center the device so that both nostrils are completely covered by the mesh area.
- APPLY: Place the device so that it completely covers both nostrils. Gently press the adhesive down against your nose to create a seal between the device and your nostrils.
- CHECK THE SEAL: Make sure the device is sealed around your nose with no wrinkles or gaps, since these can create air leaks. Air leaks reduce the effectiveness of the device.
- If you are having trouble breathing in, remove the device and reapply.
- You should feel resistance when you breathe out through your nose with your mouth closed. This means the device is applied properly. You can check the device by plugging the center hole in the device with your finger and gently breathing out. If the device is sealed, you should not feel air escaping around the adhesive. If you have an air leak around the adhesive, gently press down around the adhesive. Once you have a proper seal, breathe in and out through your mouth until you fall asleep. You should naturally switch to nasal breathing and your snoring should be treated. If a leak persists, remove device and reapply.
- Make sure the area around your nostrils is clean, dry, and free of lotion.
- Use a mirror to apply the device.
- Users may require several nights to feel comfortable when wearing the device.
- After use, remove the device by gently peeling the adhesive off each nostril. For sensitive skin, remove the device with warm water or while in the shower.
- Apply the device just before you are ready to go to sleep.
Can I download the instructions for use?
Instructions can be downloaded here.