Theravent Advanced Nightly Snore Therapy is a clinically proven snoring therapy, used nightly, that can give you back the quiet sleep you’ve been waiting for.
Patented MicroValve Technology uses the power of your own breathing to create Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure (EPAP). This gentle pressure naturally opens your nasal airway to target and treat snoring. The valves are set in an adhesive that you place over your nostrils right before sleep. You will breathe in normally and then feel a gentle resistance as you breathe out. This is the MicroValves beginning to work.
Theravent is not intended to treat sleep apnea. Please see your doctor if you think you may have sleep apnea. Theravent, Inc., the maker of Theravent, also offers Provent® Sleep Apnea Therapy, which is indicated to treat obstructive sleep apnea.
Nasal strips are placed on top of your nose and help dilate your nostrils, reducing congestion. Theravent uses the power of your own breathing to create pressure that opens and supports your nasal airways.
Give yourself at least a week to get used to the feeling of Theravent. Some people may get used to the therapy in one night; for others it may take up to a week. But you will soon find that you get used to the new routine.
- REMOVE: Peel paper backing to expose the adhesive.
- ALIGN: Using a mirror, center the device so that both nostrils are completely covered by the mesh area.
- APPLY: Place the device so that it completely covers both nostrils. Gently press the adhesive down against your nose to create a seal between the device and your nostrils.
- CHECK THE SEAL: Make sure the device is sealed around your nose with no wrinkles or gaps, since these can create air leaks. Air leaks reduce the effectiveness of the device.
- If you are having trouble breathing in, remove the device and reapply.
- You should feel resistance when you breathe out through your nose with your mouth closed. This means the device is applied properly. You can check the device by plugging the center hole in the device with your finger and gently breathing out. If the device is sealed, you should not feel air escaping around the adhesive. If you have an air leak around the adhesive, gently press down around the adhesive. Once you have a proper seal, breathe in and out through your mouth until you fall asleep. You should naturally switch to nasal breathing and your snoring should be treated. If a leak persists, remove device and reapply.
- Make sure the area around your nostrils is clean, dry, and free of lotion.
- Use a mirror to apply the device.
- Users may require several nights to feel comfortable when wearing the device.
- After use, remove the device by gently peeling the adhesive off each nostril. For sensitive skin, remove the device with warm water or while in the shower.
- Apply the device just before you are ready to go to sleep.
You should apply Theravent just before going to sleep.
No, each Theravent is a single-use device.
Theravent works by creating Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure (EPAP) in your airway. This is the pressure you feel.
No, Theravent does not contain latex, but may be manufactured on machines that process latex products.
Please Read Before Using:
The safety and efficacy of Theravent has not been established for pregnant women or children under 18.
Please do not use Theravent if you have:
- A cold, sinus, or ear infection, or perforated eardrum
- Severe breathing problems (including asthma or emphysema)
- Severe heart problems
- Very low blood pressure
Stop Using Theravent and Contact a Doctor if you:
- Experience an allergic reaction to the device
- Are unable to breathe through your mouth
- Develop a nasal, sinus, or ear infection or discomfort
- Develop a severe nose bleed
- Develop skin or mucosal irritation, rash, sores, or other discomfort
Some tips for successful use of Theravent:
- You will feel resistance when breathing out through the device. This is normal. It may feel awkward, but don’t give up. You will get used to it.
- Breathe through your mouth when awake. This will help you get used to the device and you should automatically start breathing through the device when you fall asleep.
- It may take up to a week to get used to wearing the device.